Oleg Prokhoda was appointed Director of the Cash Circulation Department of the National Bank of Ukraine on 18 September 2023.
His role and responsibilities in this position will include the following:
- drafting and implementing the Cash Circulation Strategy in Ukraine
- methodological support and management of cash circulation, including the introduction of cutting-edge technologies
- determining the total cash demand and the required denominations of banknotes and coins
- organizing the production of Ukrainian banknotes, coins, commemorative or bullion coins, and souvenir products
- organization and coordination of events related to putting cash into circulation, cash and issuance operations in the domestic currency, and efforts to meet the economy’s demand for cash
- organization of transactions under agreements on storing NBU’s stocks of cash.
Cash Circulation Department is a part of Payment Systems and Cash Circulation reporting line, which is headed by NBU Deputy Governor Oleksii Shaban.
"One of the NBU’s important tasks is to maintain high-quality, transparent, and convenient cash settlements for all public spheres: households, businesses, and the government. I hope that the extensive experience in the banking system and the leadership skills of the newly appointed Director will enhance the team performance of the Cash Circulation Department, and that we will be able to implement new interesting and effective projects to improve cash circulation in Ukraine," said NBU Deputy Governor Oleksii Shaban.
Oleg Prokhoda has been working in the banking system of Ukraine for almost 20 years, including about 10 years in the cash circulation sector.
Prior to joining the NBU, he worked at SENSE BANK JSC as Director of the Cash Circulation Center (2021–2023) and Director of the Banknote Business Department (2019–2021).
Oleg Prokhoda was also in charge of the banknote business at Ukrsotsbank PJSC and Tascombank JSC, managed the regional network of Oschadbank JSC and Finance and Credit Bank OJSC, and worked as deputy chair of the board of Unison Bank PJSC. He embarked on his career in 2003 at European Bank for Development and Savings LLC.
Oleg Prokhoda graduated from the Academy of Municipal Management with a degree in organizational management.