Following a competitive selection process, Sergiy Khudiyash has been appointed Director of the newly established International Cooperation Department of the National Bank of Ukraine as of 5 September 2023.
In the regulator’s organizational structure, the International Cooperation Department replaced the Office for European Integration and International Programs in order to enhance the international cooperation and European integration functions.
The Director of the International Cooperation Department is in charge of the following:
- ensuring the implementation of the state policy on European integration, developing the cooperation with the EU in the financial area, interacting with EU institutions, and promoting interests of the NBU on the way to joining the EU
- developing cooperation with international financial institutions, implementing international projects and programs, and increasing the NBU’s international visibility through coordinating the process of acquiring membership in international organizations in key areas of central banking
- developing a dialogue with central banks and authorities that supervise financial institutions in foreign countries, and ensuring the representation of the NBU’s interests and position in international relations of Ukraine
- ensuring effective operation of the organizational and protocol-related support of international relations and translation and interpretation.
- developing cooperation with international partners to enhance the NBU’s institutional capacity and sharing the expertise of the Ukrainian regulator.
The International Cooperation Department belongs to the Monetary Stability reporting line supervised by NBU Deputy Governor Sergiy Nikolaychuk.
"We have to take the work of the NBU’s international and European integration functions to a new level of quality. This is required by Ukraine’s EU candidacy status and the need to implement the NBU’s updated strategic goals. I expect that Sergiy Khudiyash, with his extensive experience in international relations, will help us proactively develop our cooperation with international partners. Ultimately, our joint efforts with them should help lay a solid groundwork for the European future of Ukraine," said Sergiy Nikolaychuk.
Sergiy Khudiyash has over 27 years of experience in the field of international relations, as well as significant experience working in the Ukrainian public and banking sectors.
Before joining the NBU, he served as an Advisor to the Chairman of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine NJSC since November 2022. Before that, he held the position of the First Deputy Director of the Hennadii Udovenko Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
From 2005 to 2021, he worked at Ukreximbank JSC, where he headed the department responsible for international financial institution programs at this state-owned bank from 2010 onwards.
From 2001 to 2005, he worked as a diplomat at the Embassy of Ukraine in the United States.
He also worked for the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine, the National Agency of Ukraine for Development and European Integration, the Agency for the Coordination of International Technical Assistance.
Sergiy Khudiyash graduated from the Kyiv State Technical University of Construction and Architecture (major in civil engineering) and studied construction economics as the post-graduate course of the same university. Later, he obtained master's degree in international law from the Ukrainian Academy of Foreign Trade.