Oksana Prysiazhenko has been appointed Director of the Bank Regulation Methodology Department at the National Bank of Ukraine, effective 19 September 2023.
Oksana Prysiazhenko has been Acting Director of the Department since May 2023, when the previous director, Nataliia Ivanenko, retired.
As Director of the Bank Regulation Methodology Department, Oksana Prysiazhenko will discharge the following duties:
- development and improvement of the methodological framework on:
- prudential regulation of the activities of the banks and banking groups, including bank licensing, corporate governance, prudential standards, and requirements for the organization of internal control systems and risk management systems in the banks and banking groups
- banking supervision by organizing and conducting bank inspections, applying corrective actions, and assessing the resilience of the banks and the banking system
- implementation of EU acquis and global supervisory practices in the bank regulation methodology
- ensuring cooperation with banking supervision authorities of other countries and international financial institutions in banking regulation and supervision.
The Bank Regulation Methodology Department is one of the units in the NBU’s Financial Stability function, which is headed by First Deputy Governor Kateryna Rozhkova.
"Oksana Prysiazhenko is a highly qualified and experienced professional. I am confident that under her leadership, the department’s team will ensure the further implementation of global best practices of prudential banking regulation," said Kateryna Rozhkova.
Oksana Prysiazhenko has extensive experience working in Ukraine’s banking sector.
She took over as Director after having served as Deputy Director – and Head of the Bank Regulation Methodology Office – of the Bank Regulation Methodology Department since 2020.
Oksana Prysiazhenko has been working at the NBU since 1997 in the units concerned with distressed banks, offsite supervision of banks, and currency controls. She has more than 20 years’ experience in management roles at the NBU.
Oksana Prysiazhenko has been working at the Bank Regulation Methodology Department since 2007. She is in charge of the development and implementation of the banking regulation and supervision methodology.
Oksana Prysiazhenko has two college degrees: she graduated Kyiv Technological Institute of Light Industry (Engineer-Economist) and Kyiv National Economic University (MBA).